Thank you for your purchase of the Zebedee Hanging Rail.
Zebedee can be fitted by anyone with reasonable D.I.Y. Skills. The fitting, however, is crucial so please follow the instructions exactly or consult a professional if in any doubt.
If fitting into an alcove, please allow 9cm for the top bracket to protrude at a right angle, from the sloping ceiling towards any adjoining wall, and measure downwards from that point.
If fitting directly into a wooden ceiling – please follow instructions from Step Four.
If fitting into a plastered ceiling, it is advisable to fit to a wooden lath first as follows:
Prior to fixing the lath to the ceiling, it is necessary that the bracket screw holes be prepositioned as follows:
- Fit one bracket securely to one end of the lath, with the red tape facing inwards.
- Place the hanging rail against the fitted bracket so the end nut is covered, and the bracket is up against the steel washer.
- With the hanging rail held in position, place the other bracket likewise, again with the red tape facing inwards.
- Secure the 2nd bracket with the rail in place, ensuring a nice and snug fit.
- If fitting the Zebedee rails against each other in a row, repeat the above process with the next brackets.
Do Not Remove Red Tape. Remove brackets and rail from the lath.
Securing the lath to the ceiling:
- Ideally, position the hanging rail 25cm minimum from the back wall. This will allow clearance between the clothes and wall
- The rail can be fitted closer to the back wall if needed though, as hangers will angle
- If possible, fit lath directly to a vertical rafter to ensure a secure hanging point
- If fitting to a plasterboard void, the appropriate plasterboard plugs and screws must be used
- At multiple points (to share the weight), secure the lath to the ceiling, reinforcing with “no nails” and counter sinking the screws
Decorate as required and allow to dry.
Fitting the brackets
- First, securely fit the bottom bracket into the previously screwed holes, ensuring again that the red tape is facing inwards/upwards
- Rest the End Nut of the hanging rail into the round section of the bottom bracket, and holding the rail in place, fit the top bracket, again ensuring that the red tape faces inwards/downwards towards the rail.
- Repeat process to secure any further rails.
- Hang your clothes and enjoy!